Interim / Video


Interim / Video (Mummy), 2012


I took quite a bit of time out from my studio after leaving college, to work on an academic project, but in the middle of being away I was given an opportunity to make a short video for a video only show in the summer of 2012. I had not used video as a medium before, and had quite a short deadline to produce something. This was the result. I had such a laugh making it! Originally I had intended to work on quite a traditional narrative, and it had such a serious tone to it. I was always going to feature in it, as a painter I am used to working as a kind of 'one man band'. My way in to starting it, however, was through filming a single action; turning to the camera, for example. The subject's relation to the frame and viewer, I suppose. Immediately I had my subject for the film, and thought it was enough; to repeat the moment of engagement over and over until ridiculousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment